Tuesday, July 04, 2006

In the Same Universe - Archives 1996

In The Same Universe

Well PAIN it's me again. It seems you decided to never leave my side.
She asked me to come. She doesn't believe in you like I do.
But I know you. I know what you did to me. I know what you did to her.
That is what bothers me. If it were only me that you hurt I could be fine with that. I have felt you presence before but now I feel nothing. She asked me to forget about her because she thinks she is not worth it. You made her believe that and she hurts now. We know that isn't true. She even named today what we secretly shared. But it may never matter.

I know you. I know how you are just a fair weather friend.
I know you, only show up when I am feeling good.
I know you aren't around forever. Like every friend you leave.
I wish she knew that. But you won't tell her. If I tell her she won't believe me. Why should she?
Alot of people think about you to much.

I know that you are only friends with them so that they feel the same, and act the same. But I will try to teach her, just how you really hate her. You hurt her because she doesn't want to be your friend. You like to watch her cry because she won't accept the way you feel.

In that way PAIN we are the same. Both unwanted and put up with at the same time.
In the same universe.

By Jason G. Hill Publisher "almost got fired for this poem in 96'"
Copyright(c)1996 by Jason G. Hill Publishing

Left behind in a dot matrix printer, one of the original dark poems written for The Chamber Canada's Darkest Magazine. I almost lost my night job for this one, after leaving the poem behind in the dot matrix printer of a government library. We would often cut out the poems and reprint them on the photocopiers there. It was a real 'zine' of the times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a big fan of the chamber good to see your still around, Love the poetry! I will keep checking in with the hopes of MORE! :)